June is always a crazy month. It seems like all the kids classes at school try to fit in as many field trips as they can to use up all their money. Combine that with the start of football season and life gets crazy! Football starts earlier and earlier every year. This year we have four kids in it - X-Man, MSN, Dani and Bat Man. MSN and Dani are on the same team - which makes it a little easier for practices. Thank goodness Bat Man also practices at the same time. X-Man practices three times a week. Spot is helping coach his team this year so he usually takes care of taking him to his practices. Because it was the start of football we also had parent meetings and equipment pick ups to throw into the mix. Oh, and to top it all off the secretary at the school got sick so I had to work full time in the middle of all this craziness. X-Man and MSN also wanted to have end of the school year parties which we miraculously managed to fit in. Whew - I'm tired just typing all that!
We did manage to fit in a Father's Day celebration. Spot wanted to keep it simple and that we did! He requested BLT sandwiches for supper and nothing else. It was a nice day and we weren't in the kitchen all day cooking which was nice! The kids gave him some nice gifts - a couple presents were made at school and we picked up some simple little gifts that he needed.
I'm so thankful for the father of my kids. He's an awesome dad and fills in all the spots where I lack as a parent. I'll never forget a few years ago when we were moving and he had to work and be away for two weeks. I went to pick him up at the airport and spend some time with him before we went home to see the kids. He was literally bouncing up and down as we drove down our street - he just couldn't wait to see his kids and give them all big hugs. He sure loves his kids and what more could I ask for? He works hard to provide for his family and provide us with good life. He also loves their mom and shows his sons how a man should treat his wife and his daughters how they deserve to be treated someday. He strives to keep his family strong in the gospel and is a righteous example of a priesthood holder. I consider myself pretty lucky!
I couldn't forget my dad on that day. My dad worked hard to provide for his family while going to school. I remember him working during the week and going to school on the weekends. He taught me the value of hard work and of reaching for your goals. He also taught me through example of how I deserved to be treated when I was a wife because of the way he treated - and still treats - my mom. My dad is someone who loves to read. He's always got at least 2 books on the go. He also always reads his scriptures and has shown me that this is an important thing because of his example. I am grateful for my dad and all that he has taught me and the example he still is to me and my kids.
I'm also grateful for my father in law. He is a man that I have grown to love and admire. I am grateful for the way in which he raised his son and all that he taught him about being a great man. I look up to him and am so grateful for all that he is to our family.
After Father's Day was the last week of school and we managed somehow to get through it! The kids all came home with excellent report cards and made it on the honor rolls. Dani managed to get only A's this year and was pretty excited about that - and so she should be! I always look forward to the end of the school year. It's nice not to have to pack lunches in the morning and sleep in a bit. The best thing about this summer so far is that my kids have learned that they don't have to get up at 7:00 every morning...I never thought the day would come when I could say that my kids sleep in!!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment