Monday, May 11, 2009

Smile :)

I went down to put some laundry in before going to bed tonight. MSN was still up. He's been having trouble falling asleep lately. He asked me how they came up with the name "dollar" for money. I told him (not wanting to get into a long discussion about the origin of words) that someone made up the words that we use today. He accepted that and said, "Ya, like poster. You post it on the wall, but I don't understand the "er" part". I explained I didn't know how they came up with the word poster but we could look it up tomorrow. He then said "well, I understand the word music because "muse" - like mute that has to due with hearing - and "sic" because "sick" means cool and music is cool."

At the end of the day when you've got basket fulls of laundry waiting and still have an hour or so of chores to do and you're wondering if you've done anything good to enrich your children's lives that day...and in one little moment you're reminded once again that really and truly, they are here to enrich yours.

2 comments:

Phannie said...

That's so cute.

Tootles said...

He knows way too much!