I have an addiction. Last week (and for the last two months) it was an addiction to my sewing machine. This week I have found myself with nothing to do...okay...ironing, cleaning, organizing, laundry and more laundry doesn't count... I needed to find a project. Instead, I noticed the little icon on my computer that says "Zuma". Zuma is no ordinary game. It is highly addicting! Although, I've already beat the game once, I yearn to beat it yet again. I find myself thinking - I have 45 minutes before I have to go to the school to count fundraiser money, I have time for a quick level of Zuma then still have time to shower...needless to say, the shower thing gets put aside for a little more Zuma time! UGH!! You see, my problem was solved when we got our new computers a few months ago. Zuma was not installed, I was cured. Until. One day I was searching for our Quick Tax CD (taxes...that's a whole other post!) and I came across the Zuma CD. YAHOO! I thought! and quickly installed it. My life hasn't been the same ever since. My wrist hurts from playing. I come by it naturally, I might add. My mom and sister have a Zuma addiction as well (there you go, I outed you!). So, I must find a new project to occupy my time so I am no longer swayed by my Zuma icon. I have a lot of craft ideas and a whole ton of Christmas decorating I could be doing. So, I guess my dilemna is to find something that I would rather do than play Zuma. It's going to be hard!

I can't leave the blog without saying something about what happened to the world two days ago. You all have heard about it - the USA elected it's first black president. As I stood in my kitchen washing my dishes listening to his acceptance speech I was in awe (and yes, tears came to my eyes). I kept telling my kids all day "remember this day, it is a day that will be in the history books forever". I wasn't wrong. My dad and two sisters got to vote in this election, I wish I could have too. I hope this will be the change that everyone needs. I hope he will do a good job. I am thankful that I got to see this day happen in my lifetime.



No comments:
Post a Comment