Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturdays? What are those?

Football. Is. Done! This means we will now have our weeknights and Saturdays to ourselves...to do whatever we want! YAY! We haven't had this freedom since the beginning of June - we don't know what to do! However, our house knows exactly what we will be doing (garage clean up & re-organization, shop clean up, yard work, renovations...etc...).

I managed to find a project for me to do this week - Christmas pajamas! This is usually a project that I save for the 23rd of December - just because I know I will have nothing else to do that day/night! :) I usually stay up all night sewing like a crazy woman so I can give my kids their new PJ's on Christmas Eve. Well not this year people! I am so excited to get them done and wrapped and check that montrosity (sp?) off my list! I had to buy two whole bolts of material, which I ended up getting at 60% off - YAY me! Like I said, I can't wait to get them done!

I also have a bunch of other projects waiting to be done - like taking down my Halloween display by my front door...yes...it's time!

I am still working - typing but haven't been able to get any day shifts because my seniority is so low. The only way I can get a higher seniority is to work more hours. So, unless I want to stay up until 3:00 in the morning I'll have to just settle for the crappy hours I'm getting and enjoy having my days to get things done!

The kids are getting excited for Christmas - we even drew names for our name draw already. Pretty soon toy flyers and Christmas lists will be everywhere and we'll be hearing the familiar "I want that" every time a commercial comes on TV. We are trying to make Christmas more about giving but the getting always seems to creep in somehow.

No comments: