Monday, November 17, 2008

A Little Giggle...

We were sitting in church yesterday - one of those rare Sundays when Spot and I actually get to sit next to each other!!! After the Sacrament was passed the kids (always!!!) ask for a piece of gum so I passed it out and five minutes later Bat Man was asking if he could go to the bathroom to spit his out. I told him no, he just started chewing it and he could keep it and not waste it. He was frustrated, as Bat Man usually is, and kept asking me if he could get rid of his gum. I finally asked him why and he said because he can't read and chew gum at the same time!! For those of you that know Bat Man, you totally understand this!!! Spot and I had a good chuckle and then I proceeded to instruct Bat Man on how to read in his head. He let me know that he knows how to read in his head but he still CAN'T read in his head and chew at the same time. I gave in, gave him a kleenex and let him spit out his gum. What a kid!

I didn't get ANYTHING done that I wanted to last week. I'm hoping to get the pj's done this week and get my house totally clean and organized!!! My kids always ask me when I'm cleaning the house who is coming over - I take that as an insult because I DO clean my house - it's just when people come over I get rid of the clutter on our countertops, etc. So, I expect to hear that a lot this week....but yes, we're having people over on Sunday - so there is a reason - but I'm not telling the kids that...

We spent the most part of Saturday at the football field...again... The finals were on so we went to cheer on our teams. The boys that MSN played with last year won. It was a great game! MSN didn't want to go because he really wanted to be on that team (his team came in last) but I gave him the pep talk and talked to him a bit about being a good sport and cheering on his friends. He came to the game and loved every minute of it. I can't wait until next Saturday - what shall we do....???

No comments: