

Today marks the day that Dani came into our lives. I remember being woken up with a pain at around 3:45 in the morning. I didn't think much of it...I wasn't due for another week or so. I tried to go back to sleep and then the pain came again. I thought more of it this time and noticed the time on the clock and waited until the next pain came. It was 4 more minutes and another pain came. I didn't know if it was labour (do we ever?) so I tried to go back to sleep and 5 minutes later my water broke. I scrambled out of bed and ran to the toilet while yelling at Spot that the baby was coming! The pain came so fast and so intense I didn't have time to deal with it and was basically freaking out! Spot called our guardian angel and asked her if she could come watch the boys - she said she was on her way. I managed somehow to get dressed and headed downstairs to wait for Bonnie. Spot started the car and backed it out of our driveway so she could pull into it when she came. I decided I would wait in the car - I needed to get to the hospital FAST! It seemed like eternity and Bonnie arrived. I told Spot he'd better hurry and he jumped in the car and we left. Thank goodness the hospital was only a few blocks away! He parked the car and I remember running (or at least trying to) into the hospital emergency doors. They got me a wheelchair and we went strait up to the maternity wing. We made it to the birthing room and the nurse had me get into my robe. The whole time I was in imense pain and new that this baby wasn't going to wait much longer. She got me up on the bed and sure enough, I was 10 cm and ready to go! I don't remember much of the next 10 or so minutes. I do remember that our doctor just made it. I also remember that I was asking for some marijuana - no - I had never smoked it before but at that time it sounded like a good idea! I also remember cursing Eve and saying a bunch of stuff that was making Dr. Mike and Spot crack up laughing. I wasn't so impressed with them laughing over my pain! A few minutes later and out she came...beautiful. As much as I said throughout the pregnancy that it would be nice to have another boy - I was sure glad it was a little girl. She was born at just after 5:00 - and her whole life has been like that since, once she wants something - she gets it no matter what!

Something changes in a family when you have a girl. Daddy's hearts are immediately wrapped around their finger, brothers become more loving and gentle and mothers feel safe knowing that they'll have a best friend forever - through thick or thin.

She's had no trouble keeping up with her two older brothers. She prefers dirt to nail polish and loves playing any sport. She's an A student and we are told by each of her teachers that she is a joy to have in their class. She's a good friend and a friend to all. She doesn't care what others are wearing or listening to, if she likes it then she wears it, if she likes to listen to it then she does. She's her own person and does what she likes.
She was born with beautiful curls which have slowly gone away. Hopefully they'll come back like her mom's did when she got older. She has a beautiful smile and loves having a good time. She loves animals and would LOVE it if her mom gave in and got her a kitten or puppy...maybe someday!

She has one sister who she's pretty nice to...most days. Her one wish for her birthday was to have her own room with a loft bed. That isn't going to happen this year...but a girl can dream...right!? (the picture above is of Dani with her sister Lala and her older cousin Bella)
We sure do love you Dani and are so grateful you came to join our family! Happy 10th Birthday! It's double didgits from here on!



No comments:
Post a Comment