Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday and a Trip!

January is almost over. It's been quite an eventful month!

I am now closer than ever to the big 4-0! Two more years to go. I don't mind getting older - I just wish I was healthier. The only part of getting older that scares me is all the aches, pains and ailments that come with age. My goal is be the best shape EVER by the time I get to 40. That gives me two years...

I had a nice birthday. We had planned on going to the temple that day but because of all the rain we got we had heard that some of the roads were washed out and decided it would be best to stay home. I had a nice day. The kids and Spot made me breakfast. Note: I extremely dislike being served a suprise breakfast!!! I know it's sweet when the kids make us a suprise breakfast but it's all I can do to down any of the food they make for me. Spot told me about what he wanted to do, that he was going to let the kids do it, BUT he was going to highly supervise what was made. I am not a great breakfast eater - but I did enjoy it. First, I got to sleep in - until 10:30 - it was heavenly! All the kids helped make some part of the breakfast and it was really good. I enjoyed it! The kids all gave me their presents and then Spot took them swimming. I pittered about all day, did some ironing, planned my Relief Society lesson for the next day, and pretty much did nothing. It was nice. Spot bought some steaks and we had a nice supper when they got home. We were supposed to go to see Benjamin Buttons that night but we weren't done until late so we didn't end up going (we did go the next week - it was SO good!!!!).

For my birthday Spot gave me a trip to Alberta. My grandma isn't doing very well. I was pretty much thinking that the next time I saw her would be at her funeral - so this was a very nice suprise! I went out there last weekend. It was a really nice trip and we even fit in a trip to the states! I had a budget but kinda blew it when I hit Target! (oops!) They had sooo much on sale - good things - things we needed. I ended up having to pay duty - I HATE borders! My take on that is if we can't buy it or they don't have that store in Canada (Target) then we shouldn't have to pay duty on it! We (my mom, older sister and youngest sister) all spent the day in Cardston on Saturday and got to visit with my grandma. Her face is swollen from the steriods they are giving her but she is still the same old grandma. I sure do love her. I am so glad I got to see her and sit and visit with her.










My sisters and I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire on Saturday night. It was such a good movie! I also found out that they will do "triple"...yes "TRIPLE" butter on the popcorn there. That means they put a little popcorn, then butter, put a little more popcorn, then more butter, finally fill the bag and then put MORE butter. It was popcorn HEAVEN!


Sunday was spent at church and then visiting with my family. My sister and I got packed up and headed back to Calgary. I was able to visit with Amanda and Kevin for a bit and then headed back to BC on Tuesday. It was a quick, but fun trip and boy am I tired!!! Not much sleep when you hang out with my family!






I also took out the Christmas presents. My mom loved the statue I made and my sister loved the bowl - I almost didn't give it to her because I liked it on my wall - I'll have to make one for me! My sisters also liked their aprons. I need to make one of those for me as well. My sister is an amazing quilter - I always come home with projects I want to do. I did the squares for this quilt - they're just sitting in my craft room waiting for me to sew them together. I can't wait!





Spot did great with the kids. It's nice to come home and feel appreciated! Lala even commented that she forgot what I looked like. I can also brag that I didn't do dishes the whole weekend! It was really nice! Spot also confessed that he kept up with doing the laundry but didn't keep up with folding and putting away....so....on Monday night he dumped all the clothes in the middle of the floor and told the kids to take what was theirs, fold it and put it away. He said he was done in a matter of minutes. Maybe I should try that!

Now it's back to reality. I worked at the school today. I really like being there. I like seeing my kids during the day and I really like the people I work with. I get to work there all next week and I can't wait!




Lala loves to take the camera and take pictures. Here's one of her self portraits.





Oh, and for those of you who think BC never gets snow...here's a picture for you!


That's about it. MSN wrote on his instant message wall the other day "my life keeps getting better and better". I like it when my kids are happy!

No comments: