Friday, December 5, 2008

How is it December already!???

Here it is, the last 20 days before the BIG day and I'm not even close to being ready! I thought I was doing well. Had several projects underway and presents bought then December hits and you realize you're not as far ahead as you thought you were! No panic sets in.

We have been hit by the cold bug in our house. I'm usually the last one to get it, this time I was one of the first and it seems to be loving me because it's not leaving me! I'm tired of having a sore throat and tired of taking Nyquil every night just so I can sleep without coughing and blowing my nose all night. Next year I'm getting the flue shot! It has also put a damper on me getting the Christmas PJ's done. Almost every day in the last two weeks someone has been home sick. I don't usually let the kids see the PJ's before they get them so I can't sew them when they are around.

One more football party and then we're done! MSN got an award last week at his dinner - he won best defensive player. He was a little miffed that he didn't get MVP (as you can tell from the photo) but he did well for being his first year in that division. I really have to look for something to sign Dani up in - I feel like she's getting left out and doesn't have anythign for "her". She was asked to play "Away in a Manger" at our school's festive lunch. I printed off a copy of the simplified hymn and she had it learned within an hour. She's really good at the piano - if only her piano teacher (me) would give her lessons more often!

That's about it - I'm trying to put the finishing touches on our Christmas letter so I can get those mailed out with the cards. Every year I tell myself I'm going to have them ready to go by the 1st of December...every year I'm sending them out on the 23rd. UGH!

No comments: